Financial Aid Night will take place next Tuesday, September 28th, starting at 7pm, in the SEHS Cafeteria.
Please join us in the Small Gym on Friday Oct.7th 8:00-3:30.
South Eugene High School Announces Axemen Honors and Axemen Athletics Hall of Fame Event Details and Honorees
The 6th Annual Celebrate South and Axemen Athletics Hall of Fame dinner and silent auction will be held at the Eugene Hilton October 22, 2016.
Hosted by Eugene’s Ambassador-for-the-Arts, Master of Ceremonies Fred Crafts, ’58, by the Parent Council and The Axemen Athletics Hall of Fame Committee, the event inspires current students, recognizes alumni for their achievements and contributions to the community and raises money to support South Eugene.
Table Sponsorships ($1,000 for 8 seats) and tickets $65 each and will be available at the main office of the school. Tickets also available online soon at BrownPaperTickets.com.
Proceeds of the event support teams and clubs across South Eugene, and the Axemen Athletics Hall of Fame Endowment serving Axemen athletics.
Annual Celebrate South and Hall of Fame Fundraising Dinner, South Eugene 2016 honorees:
- Geoff Hollister ’61; Business: Second Employee of Nike
- Julie Payne ’64; Actress
- Tracy Bonham ’84; Singer-Songwriter
- Jerry Webking; German Teacher, and Oregon Teacher-of-the-Year
AXEMEN ATHLETICS HALL OF FAME:
- John “Sandy” Nosler, ‘60; Baseball & Basketball
- Stephanie (Brenneman) Van Veen, ‘77; Diving, Volleyball, Softball
- Aaron Bremiller, ‘80; Gymnastics
- Jodi Lee Kwai (Kelly), ‘85: Gymnastics
- Cam Martin, ’88; Golf & Basketball
- Kanon Vanderhoff, ’90; Track & Soccer
- Bethany Lucas, ‘95; Track & Cross Country
- Sandy Cutler; Coach 1973 – 79; Six State Championships
1968 State Champion Boys Gymnastics Team:
Coach: Harry Johnson; Individual State Champions: Bruce Hoyt; Joe Percival; Greg Maxwell; Tom Read; Paul Henning. Additional team members: Steve Blumenstein; Steve Cooper; Greg Edblom; Rob Hoover; Terry Lyons; Dave McDowell; Dan Moninger; Chuck Mortimore; Eric Nickerson; Dain Smith
1976 State Champion Girls Swimming and Diving Team:
COACHES: Head Coach Sandy Cutler; Assistant Coach Arlene Woods; Diving Coach Cindy Marks Rahm;
TEAM MEMBERS: Sue Barrett; Laura (Beckett) Harsey; Sarah (Beckett) Berger; Stephanie (Brenneman) VanVeen; Ann (Boettcher) Erwin; Karen Briot (12); Laura (Claska) Whited; Tama (Cuddeback) Rowan; Kelly Ford; Myrna Helickson; Erika Hess; Diane (Hobday) Gregory; Meg (Hoeflich) Campbell; Kay Kelly Wilder; Laura (McNaught) Ramey; Jody (Salzman) Rose Molly (Sheffer) Kelley; Staci (Voorhees) Franklin; Sandy Wales; Deanna Ward
Meritorius Service/Athletic Achievement:
The Myers Familly: Ralph Myers, Sr., Founder of KidSports: Ralph Myers, Jr. ’54, Barbara Myers ’58, Pat Myers Gentile ’60, Tom Myers ’61, Dick Myers, ’61, Fred Myers ’64, Mike Myers ’67, Bruce Myers ’69
** Senior yearbook photos and quotes are due Friday, Dec. 16 **
- Please read the Senior Photo Specifications and share with your photographer before submitting your photo.
- You can submit handwritten quote cards, photo prints, or files on disk/thumb drives to the Bobbie Willis’s mailbox in the Main Office.
- You can upload digital photo files and/or a quotation at this link.
- Photographers can upload digital photos for students at this link.
Please contact yearbook adviser Bobbie Willis at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Main Office– 541-790-8000/8001
* Due to the high volume of requests on a day to day basis for messages, it is SEHS policy NOT to deliver messages. Please prepare and construct a communication plan with your student/s for any messages you might need them to receive during their school day.
Attendance – Kim Ferguson – 541-790-8008
*Please call our attendance line to excuse your student/s absents. No notes accepted.
Registrar– Elsa Andrew(email@example.com) – 541-790-8015
*New Enrollments, Change of Demographics (ie: phone, address), Transcripts/Transcript Request, & Records Request
Counseling Office– 541-790-8013
Counselors according to your students last name:
A-G Julie McGlinsky
H-N Michael Leahy
O-Z Shantel Buss
Athletic Dept. – Dave Hancock – 541-790-8019
SUBSCRIBE TO SOUTH’s WEEKLY ENEWS
— The South eNEWS is an avenue for communication about school-related information and events as a service from Parent Council in collaboration with Administration. During the school year, the eNEWS is typically sent out each Friday.
— To SIGN UP, send a blank e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . You should receive a confirmation message from NPOGroups to which you simply reply back to complete your subscribing. If you are having problems with this, feel free to email Jennifer Reynolds at email@example.com.
Click here to open/view/print the Fall Audition Contract.